STIR FRY COCKTAIL PRAWNS
Last weekend Thursday Two of my Husband’s friend planned to come home after work, along with him. I just finished helping my elder one Renee with her Math work and thought would relax for some time until I prepare the dinner. But after this sudden call from Biman, I was confused as what to serve them as appetizer and wasn’t thinking much about the main course, because dishes for main course and dessert quickly came to my mind. Moreover everything I had to prepare in a very short time, about an hour. I always prefer and love to serve a three course meal to my guest and also to my family on weekend night. There’s no time to go to the super market. My dinner was already planned for an oriental menu earlier, but had to make some quick changes with the same ingredients to create a three course meal. Now my new menu became stir fried cocktail prawns as appetizers, zucchini mushroom Mediterranean pasta with some garlic bread, Greek salad and some strawberry –blueberry parfait topped with some chocolate sauce. My guest were least expecting in such short notice and was overwhelmed to see such a spread. Ankur being a big foodie loved the vivid colors and flavors of the entire spread. My creation of “cocktail prawns” became a big hit that evening. At the end, I was so glad and happy to hear, “Manisha u made our weekend girl”!!!
Preparation time: 5-7mins cook Time: 5-7mins Total Time: 15mins
- Jumbo prawns 500gms
- Oil 2 table spoon
- For marinade
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder ½ tea spoon
- Black pepper powder a pinch
- Garam masala (mixed spice) powder ½ tea spoon
- Lemon juice 1 tea spoon
- Semolina 1table spoon
- Rice flour 1 tea spoon
- Corn flour 1 tea spoon
- For Garnish:
- A pinch of chat masala
- Chopped cilantro 1 tea spoon
- Marinate the prawns with all the ingredients and keep it aside
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a wide pan
- Stir fry the prawns until cooked and the crust is crisp and golden
- Now season with salt and a squeeze of lemon and mix it well.
- Top it with some chat masala and garnish with finely chopped cilantro.