LIGHT VEGGIE MEDITERRANEAN PASTA
If given a choice of pasta with meat or veggie, I would prefer a veggie one. I am not a big fan of saucy pasta, but this kind of light pasta delights me more. This zucchini, mushroom fettuccini pasta is a very simple, tossed with fresh veggies, herbs, lemon, lemon zest and olive oil. Absolutely easy to make with simple ingredients, full of flavors of each and every ingredients used. I have always loved the Mediterranean cuisine; hence this pasta is inspired with all the Mediterranean flavors.
- Fettuccini pasta
- 2 Zucchini peel
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- ½ cup sliced bell peppers of your choice
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ tea spoon dry Mediterranean mixed herbs
- 1 -2 tea spoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese or Romano cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- Zest of half lemon
- ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin Olive oil
- Cook the pasta in large saucepan with a pinch of salt.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain the water, drizzle some olive oil; mix it well to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Then keep them aside
- In the same saucepan heat olive oil over just a medium heat. Add the garlic, toss for few seconds, and then add in the veggies and sauté for few mins…
- Add n the cooked pasta, the herbs, parsley, lemon zest, pepper powder, cheese. Gently mix it well.
- Garnish with some more grated parmesan, a good drizzle of olive oil and a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm with some fresh bread and a dip of aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.