KIDNEY BEAN TUNA SALAD
Be it a party, potluck or even a daily lunch …….. Or a meal in itself, Salad is such a dish, which peps up any fantastic menu. It’s so versatile, it can be served warm or cold, you can have as an appetizer or a meal, complete in itself, could be grilled or just natural and fresh. Options are endless for how you want to eat your salad. All in all it’s a complete winner always!
Imagine a platter of yummy mixed grill with some nice zesty fresh salad to go with…… doesn’t it sound great!
Apart from the yummy aspect, salads are also healthy and very nutritious. For people like me who has a freaking love for salads, can enjoy it anytime of the day and most importantly, the BBB- BODY BEAUTY BENEFITS keep me glowing and my waist line trim…….. hahahaha!!! Jokes apart it’s a fact.
Salad greens are a good source of antioxidants, full of fiber that helps in digestion, low in calorie (if no fancy dressing added), keeps blood sugar balanced. A total healthy investment isn’t it!
This recipe is a very simple and easy one to make with mouth full of flavors, beans, tuna, greens …that’s all.
Preparation time 20 mins
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- ½ cup boiled kidney beans
- 1 small tinned tuna
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup fine carrot juliennes
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- Few mint leaves
- Few iceberg lettuce leaves
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime juice
- 1 tsp honey ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Crushed black pepper
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Very finely chopped garlic 1 clove
Mix the above ingredients until well combined and give out a good flavor and Keep the dressing aside.
- Take a large bowl and add in all the ingredients except for the lettuce.
- Pour the dressing , keeping a small portion to sever along with your salad aside and season it with some sea salt( optional)
- Lightly toss it and serve it on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves.