CURRIED COCONUT SALMON WITH SPINACH
Another experimental night…….When I open my fridge I get confused about what to cook, because I get plenty of ideas. But at times, you are just not in mood of cooking, yet you want your dish to be exotic with minimum effort. This is one of those dishes that are ready in a jiffy, very little effort and with just a few ingredients lying in the fridge. My experimentations have always g produced some delicious dishes giving pleasure to the taste buds, like this time….. CURRIED COCONUT SALMON WITH SPINACH gives you a good kick of Indian-Thai flavor to your taste palate. After that night, I made this curry for brunch, lunch and dinner parties and my entire guest simply loved it. A flavorful, healthy, easy to prepare dish and ready in less than 30 mins. What more could you ask for than a delicious satisfaction!
- Salmon sliced into 2 inch, around 6 pieces
- ½ roughly scliced onion
- Chopped ginger 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic 1tbsp
- 10 -12 spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp fish sauce(optional0
- 2 Sliced fresh green or red chilies( depending on how spicy you prefer)
- 1 tsp ginger juliens
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp madras curry powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 TBSP oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a wok and add the onions. Ginger and garlic
- Now add the coconut milk, water. Add in the curry powder, pepper, salt, sugar, fish sauce and bring it to a boil. Now cover with a lid and let it simmer on low heat until the fish is cooked.
- Once the fish is well done add the spinach leaves, coriander leaves, chilies, and finally the lemon juice. Let it simmer for just 2-3 minutes on a medium to high heat, to combine all the flavors well.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and ginger juliennes.