What do wanna have for breakfast ??? The question has kind of become a ritual over the years in my home. Desi taste buds, fit foodies, continental taste buds, no tastebuds…. Yes I do mean it. My girls fall under this category. When I ask them what would they like to have, a straight and simple answer would be ” I don’t know”….., thus drives me crazy.
I love sandwiches and love making them too. Spinach, corn, herbs and topped with cheddar and mozzarella makes a perfect start for the day. A balance of fiber, iron, carbs and protein will give hell loads of energy to kick off a day. This sandwich is also a great option for a kids snack box.
• 1 cup frozen sweet corn
• 1 bunch spinach chopped
• pinch of garlic powder
• some cracked black pepper and salt for seasoning
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp butter or olive oil
• Cheese spread or butter to spread on the bread
• 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping.
• 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 6 slices of white or whole meal bread
1) Add a butter to the pan on medium heat. Now add the corn and spinach a give a quick stir.
2) Add the cheese and season with salt pepper,garlic powder and oregano. Once the cheese starts melting transfer into a bowl and keep it aside.
3) Prepare your bread by spreading your desired spread like butter, cheese, humus etc. Now top one slice of bread with the corn-cheese-spinach filling, top it with some more mozzarella cheese and cover with the other slice.
4) Toast your sandwiches on a grill pan with a brush of butter on both sides to give a nice grill texture. Once the cheese starts melting transfer into a plate and cut in between to give two even triangles.
Enjoy your sandwich with a nice cup of coffee or a glass of your favorite fresh juice or shake.