Sometimes you just feel like making something nice to please yourself and this truffle cake is perfect to go with your evening cup of coffee. Ready in no time and with few basic ingredients.
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz plain flour
- 1 oz coco powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Little butter for greasing
- 3-4 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 cup plain chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 tsp butter
- Icing sugar and coco powder to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Grease and line a 6-inch round cake tin
- Set a heatproof bowl with sugar, vanilla extract and eggs over a saucepan of simmering water and keep stirring until egg and sugar is well incorporated.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and coco powder into the egg mixture and gently fold in. Now pour this mixture into the greased tin and bake it at 180c for 10-15 minutes
- Put a fork or a knife to check whether the cake is done. If your fork comes out clear, means your cake is done. Keep it aside to cool down completely.
- For the topping; melt the chocolate pieces in a double boiler or in a heat proof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Add butter and the whipped cream, and blend until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour the rich chocolate mixture over your cake and spread it evenly giving the cake a smooth finish. Finally decorate your cake by sifting the icing sugar to give a desired pattern.
Allow it to chill for some time before serving. Enjoy your truffle cake with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee.