Janmashtami marks the divine appearance of the Lord Krishna about five thousand years ago on a stormy and a windy night. This is the celebration of Lord Krishna’s birth. It is one of the most popular festivals of the Hindus celebrated all over the world with full vim and vigor and is observed on the 8th day of the Krishna Paksha that falls on the Hindu month of Bhadrapada. Major celebration of Krishna Janmashtami takes place at midnight as Lord Krishna was born at that hour. Temples and homes are beautifully decorated and well-lit up. People offer prayers, night long songs and bhajans are carried out.
No Birthday celebration is complete without delicious food. Lots of sweets and vegetarian dishes without onion and garlic are prepared for the Janmashtami celebration. Among which a quintessential and part of Prasad , ladoos are always special. This is a perfect ladoo recipe made with just 3 healthy ingredients, and quick to prepare.
- 1 Cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup date paste or whole dates softened and de-seeded
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
* Ground nuts can be added for that extra nutty flavor
- Heat a pan and dry roast the sesame seeds until golden brown on a medium heat.
- Dry roast the coconut just for minute.
- Corse grind the sesame seeds.
- Now combine all the ingredients dates, coconut and ground sesame in a large bowl and roll small quantity of this mixture using your hand forming small truffle ball size.