What new can you think of when it comes to vegetarian dishes…… Well well, this is my ” out of the fridge recipe” that’s what I call, even my friends call. In fact, they suggested me to have a separate menu in my blog named as ” Out of my fridge recipes “.
Rajitha, bubbly, hyper energetic friend of mine was wondering how the hell I could think or get the idea of making Chick pea and tapioca kabab without onion or garlic. Urhhhh!!!! Who gave you the idea? I’ll have to spy on you. I am sure some one gave u the idea….. God! It was terrible to convince her and there I said, sweet heart, this is an “out of the fridge recipe” , not fried, vegetarian and perfect for you.
One can experiment with so many things in a vegetarian dish. For kababs just three things that is to be kept in mind, the binding agent, seasoning and the main ingredient.
- 1 cup boiled chick peas
- 1/2 cup boiled tapioca
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger and chili paste( 1 1/2 inch ginger and 1-2 green chilies and make into a paste)
- 1-2 tsp roasted cumin and coriander powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chopped coriander
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and take small quantity and give a shape of kabab using your hand or roll the mixture and put it into a seekh.
- You have two option here, oven grill or pan grill. For oven grill, brush some oil evenly over the kababs and put it into the grill. Turn them in between for an even grill texture. For pan grill, drizzle some oil in a pan and cook your kababs until nice brown color on each side and all over.
- Sprinkle some chat masala before serving. Yogurt and mint dip would be perfect accompaniment.