Burfi was in my mind for prasad this Diwali but not the ladoos. The previous night, I arranged all things needed right from Diwali special breakfast to sweets that had to be made and kept it ready well ahead to avoid the confusion early in my busy mornings with both girls going to school. Part of my morning chores that is ought to be done in a super fast manner so that I don’t miss out on my morning workout schedule includes, preparing and packing separate snack boxes for Renee and Annie, with two seperate breakfast, morning coffee and my pre workout small snack.
Now from where this idea of preparing ladoos came to my mind. I remember Maa bringing atta ladoos with these black pepper that gives a unique taste to it, on her way back home whenever she travelled upper Assam. I used to hog over it. Those cute memories of childhood made me decide in making these ladoos to experience reliving my childhood memories.
- 2 cups Atta( whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup ghee ( clarified butter)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat the clarified butter ( ghee) in a wok or kadai. Add the whole wheat flour( atta) and roast on a low heat for at least 15-20 minutes or until the color of the atta changes to dark brown and until you can smell the nice aroma of roasted flour.
- Now add the powdered sugar, cardamom and pepper powder. Mix well until well combined.
- Turn the heat off and let it cool down a little before you make the ladoos.
- Once it cools down take a small quantity of the mixture and make a small ball size ladoos.
Enjoy the festive season with this rich whole wheat ladoos.