With a heart full of enthusiasm and happiness I welcome the winters in Bahrain. This is the season perfect for outdoors, catching up with friends over a cup of coffee. I love the pleasant winter of Bahrain. The warm sunshine brings a bright smile on my face.
Why not jump-start your day with a healthy breakfast while grabbing every little moment of happiness with your loved ones out in the sunny winter morning.
My grilled haloumi spinach sandwich is easy to prepare, quick , with a mouth full of flavors and health.The delicious flavor of haloumi cheese with spinach is simply wonderful, and the roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds gives it a perfect nutty bite. To top it with an egg, a sunny side up is my all time favorite. What more could you ask for to start a lovely weekday morning.
- 2 multi grain or whole meal baguette
- 150-200 gm holoumi cheese cut into an inch thick strips or slices
- A bunch of fresh roughly chopped spinach
- 1 sliced medium red bell pepper
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- 2 eggs poached or omlette sunny side up
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper
- Butter for the baguette
- Butter the baguette generously and keep it aside
- Take a pan and very lightly drizzle with some olive oil . Toss the haloumi cheese strips for just a few seconds on both sides. Transfer them into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan toss the sliced bell peppers and the cherry tomatoes.
- To assemble the sandwich, take the buttered baguette and top it with the chopped spinach, then the grilled haloumi, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes
- Top it with a sunny side up egg and some fresh cracked pepper. Drizzle some more extra virgin olive oil.
An amazing breakfast packed with protiens, calcium, minerals and carbs to kick start your day .