There is nothing like a pan of extra fudgy chocolate walnut brownies cooling on a rack filling the house with good smell, said my elder daughter Renee. Entering home after school, breathlessly opening the door and saying wow!!………
This is something I enjoy seeing the happiness and the broad smile on their faces,when girls enjoying their brownies. Nothing can compensate a mother’s place in her absence, but my girls wanted fudgy chocolate brownies in order to make-up since I had to leave them behind at home and travel to Goa for my college reunion.
My fudgy brownies are dense, moist inside with intensely chocolatey inside and with the crunch of walnuts. My family loves these rich dense and chocolately brownies and I bake them quite often. The best part of brownie recipe is that the whole thing is made in one big bowl and then poured into the baking pan, which we do not see very often in baking, mixing all ingredients in one bowl.
Now i just can’t wait any longer to share my rich fudgy brownie recipe. Go ahead and definitely give it a try, I assure you will earn those extra kisses from your loved ones.
More over its the season of festival, sweets and cakes, thus a perfect home made gift for your friends and relatives.
- 115 g butter
- 115 gm plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300 gm castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 140 gm all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 gm dark chocolate chips
- 115 gm crushed walnuts
- a pinch of salt
For fudge sauce (optional)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 225 gm light brown castor sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 225 golden syrup
- 200 gm plain chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C/ 350 degree F
- Grease a square cake tin and line it with a baking paper. I used a 7 inch cake tin here
- Place the butter and chocolate in a small bowl and place over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. stir into a smooth sauce. keep aside and let it cool just slightly.
- Add in sugar, salt and vanilla extract and mix well. Now add in the eggs one at a time and combine well until blended.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and beat well with an electric beater.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and the walnuts then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a stick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is evenly colored. Let it cool completely before you cut into squares.
For the sauce
- Place the butter, sugar,milk, cream,and golden syrup in a sauce pan on gentle medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and stir for about 10 mins, until the mixture is caramel color.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and stir until smooth sauce.
- Now cut the brownies into squares and serve with some generous pour of this delicious sauce
* I have not used the fudge sauce in the above picture.