Traditionally its been observed that , everyone goes all out to let their special someone knows how much they are appreciated on this day and everyday. A valentine can be a spouse, lover, parent, sibling, child, or a friend who is happy for you and cares about you. one who is always there with you and walks with you, lifting your spirits and for whom your presence means a lot.
It is fine and good to have a no bake cheesecake for a busy weekday dinner to make that usual evening an extra special one, because it’s Valentine’s Day and love is in the air, in stores, at florist, every damn place at least for this day. This takes no time to impress your loved ones. Happy Valentine’s day to all!!
Occasions are endless these days, at least one to two a week and hence i wanted something light, i meant light in calories and not in texture. This has come out to be perfect with right amount of sweetness, luxuriously smooth and creamy.
*Here I had set the cheese cake into individual 3.5 cm moulds for individual serving.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (200g graham crackers)
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 4-5 tbsp melted butter
For the filling
- 3/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 450g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
For the Blueberry Coulis
- 4 cups of fresh blueberry
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the Strawberry compote
- 2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp butter
- For the crust– In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and sugar. Add in the melted butter and mix until well-combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the springform cake tin about 2 inches thick . Now refrigerate for half an hour , in the meanwhile you can prepare the filling .
- For the filling– In a large bowl, in goes the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. With the help of an electric handheld mixer, mix it until the texture becomes smooth and light. Now add the sour cream and whipping cream and mix until thick and creamy,for about 4-5 minutes.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly into the prepared tin with the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Serve plain, with fresh fruit or a fruit sauce (see note above).
- For the Coulis– In a saucepan combine the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved, for nearly about 10 minutes. Now transfer the mixture into a blender and blend it until you get a smooth puree. your blueberry coulis is ready.
- For the strawberry compote– In a medium combine all the ingredients for compote in a saucepan and simmer with continous stirring , until thick and syrupy (adjust the sugar if needed depending on the fruit as well as adding a little water slowly if the sauce is overly thick).