Happy Celebration guys!!! Yes, why not celebrate any ordinary day or a weekend. Celebrate when you have friends casually coming home or even on relaxed afternoon with family. This is an apt recipe for such occasion of celebrating life. Such an easy recipe and superbly loaded with flavor.
Now cooking whole fish this way, with skin and bones keeps the fish moist and seals all the flavors in. The best thing about grilling fish is that it so quick and hardly takes any time. It is like by the time you arrange your table and plates, your fish is ready to serve.
- 500g fresh Naiser fish (You can use mackerel, sardines, any small or fresh water fish)
For the marinade
- 4-5 cloves of medium size garlic
- 5-6 fresh green chilies ( adjust according to your taste)
- 2 inches of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp white mustard seeds
- fresh coriander 1 bunch
- salt to taste
- 2 medium lime juice
* Note: No oil has been used in this recipe, but this is absolutely optional you can drizzle mustard oil or olive oil if you wish
- For the marinade combine all the ingredients for marinade in a blender and blend it into a fine paste.
- Arrange the fish in a baking tray lined with an aluminium foil. Now pour the marinade over the fish. Turn the fish to make sure every fish are evenly coated in and out. Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile pre heat the oven both grill and bake at 225c.
- Cover the fish with an aluminium foil and leave in the middle rack of your oven for 10-15 minutes. Later remove the foil cover and keep on the top rack of your oven and let it grill for another 10 minutes or until you get a charred look.
- Your fish is ready to serve. Serve it with a squeeze of lime ( and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or mustard oil, optional) and your desired salad or salsa.