“I am done with parties! No seriously, and done with eating too, phew!!”
My stomach yelled at me, cried and made me cry too ” For God’s sake please please have pity on me! you are eating what not, right from veggies to meat… desserts and even sweets. Gosh! you do not spare the mouth fresheners either. that’s too much pressure. I cannot take it anymore for any longer ughh!!
Every morning I think it’s a brand new day, I can breathe, with a fresh beginning, but I was wrong. The torture continued for 10 long days, and you expect me to behave well! Sorry, my patience has passed beyond tolerating limits.
Now you will see, how you feel to be in my shoes!
This was my tummy story for last few days that had almost put me to bed. Lot of back to back parties, feast I would rather say, that had made me ill due to overeating and lack of rest. It is nice to enjoy parties and have fun, but taking care your health should always be on the priority list. Sensible eating and enough rest is the key to a healthy self.
Coming to the title of my post, Crispy Fish Bites was the star dish served as a cocktail appetizer at my in-house party. Perfectly seasoned, crispy outside with the soft fish inside. A total crowd pleaser!
TIP: If you have more guest its best to pop a batch of fish cubes, with a drizzle of oil, into the oven and cook them until crispy and golden brown.
Absolutely easy, and quick to prepare with just a few ingredients. So, what was your star dish in your last party? Share your story. It is so much fun to hear from you.
Until then, have fun and do take care of yourself
- 500 gm boneless soft fish like Dory/ Hamour/Sherry cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 Tsp garlic powder or 1-2 Tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tsp minced or grated ginger
- 1 Tsp crushed pepper powder
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt for seasoning
- 2 Tsp dark soy sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl marinate the fish cubes with 1 tbsp lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper, 1 tsp minced ginger, garlic and 1 tbsp oil and leave it for two to three hours or over preferably overnight.
- Take another and bowl mix the flour, cornflour, chili flakes, pepper, remaining ginger and garlic, salt, sugar. Now add this flour mix to the marinated fish along with remaining soya sauce.
- Add the remaining soy sauce and season with salt accordingly, into the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish cubes until golden brown
This is an easy to make recipe and an absolute crowd pleaser. Do try out and let me know your friends and family’s say on it.
Stay happy and take care!