There is nothing like a CRAZY GOOD carrot cake! One bite is enough to make you fall in love with carrots cakes. The melt-in-your-mouth, moist, lovely spiced flavored carrot cake is a sure thing to-die-for.
By the way, it’s weekend. What are your plans? Anything fun? For me, it’s a quiet weekend, girls preparing for their first term assessments, husband still at work, aaaah! that’s quite boring or would rather say a “FIT FRIDAY”! Had a great beginning to the weekend with a KILLER ABS workout session this morning leaving hardly any room for guilt after binging so typical of a Friday! Thus enjoying bits of everything from healthy to not so healthy to downright junk through the day; my girls are happy too not having to deal with a stern looking mother for a day in matters of what to and what not to eat. And now, in the late afternoon, my super yum carrot cake has uplifted the quiet weekend with lots of fun, love, and laughter. A perfect family time! Go ahead, enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add in the carrots, oil, and eggs and beat it with an electric beater for about 2-3 minutes or until all mixed well
- pour the cake batter into a prepared greased baking tin of 9*13 and bake at a temperature of 325 degrees F for 50 minutes
Tip: take it out instantly when the cake is done by checking it with a stick before the timer ends. This way you will get an ultimate moist cake.
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3 Oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- In a deep large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract with an electric beater. Now add the icing sugar gradually little by little and beat it until you get a smooth and creamy texture
- Spread the frosting generously all over the cooled cake.
Do not forget your perfect cup of coffee or tea for that perfect ” Coffee time”