It has become my signature chocolate peanut butter chips cookie recipe!
This is the 7th time I am baking a batch of them during this month December. Now that’s what I call festive spirit in true sense.
Eggless, delicious, out of this world! From the time since I had made these cookies for the first time, there has been a huge fan following for these. I am so so pleased that everyone(even people whom I don’t even know, happened to taste these cookies and claimed them to be out of this world).
I am grateful to God for being blessed with some lovely people of different cultural background during my growing up days. I remember C Rungsung uncle, a very humble
Manipuri family man, who was one of our tenants, gifting us with Christmas goodies loaded with cookies, cakes, traditional Manipuri sweets, and chocolates. I and my brothers would wait for uncle Rungsung and his family to visit us on the Christmas Eve and give us the goodies…
I can never forget how we brothers and sister used to divide the sweets and the chocolates equally to avoid fights amongst us. Though I am not a sweet lover, those cookies baked by Mrs. Runsung were simply delicious and I would be the first one to finish off my share……hahaha!!
That happens to be my first introduction to home-baked English cookies.
I have experimented several versions of these cookies, even a healthy one, that again happens to be a favorite amongst my so-called fitness enthusiast group of friends, and which soon I’ll share with you all.
- 1 1/2 All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut butter chip( Hershey’s peanut butter chips)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat the oven 170-degree Celsius
- In a deep large bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy texture with a stand mixture.
- Now add the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and mix for a minute. Now add the applesauce and mix well. Finally, add the peanut butter chips and fold it well. the dough should look moist and not dry
- Drop a spoon full of the dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes
- Once the cookies are done take it out and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Don’t forget to share your cookies with Santa and with a glass of cold milk to pair with.