Yay!! Its weekend and time to binge….. why not when you had worked hard so much throughout the whole long week ( yes I stressed upon the word long because to me weekdays seems to me never-ending and I literary look forward to the Thursday right from Sunday, beginning of the week when the. oh, yah in the middle east Friday and Saturday is a weekend). Weekends are so short that you wake up and open your eyes, getting relaxed and woosh! its gone with a blink of an eye. So, a free bit of an advice, do not waste time, plan ahead whether you are going to just sleep or plan to sleep ( just like me, but never ever happens…..ugh!!), going for brunch, lunch, activities, shopping :), or family time; so that when you wake up in the morning you feel really relaxed and not spending half of the time planning for it.
It was a family time that weekend in my home, some cleaning and eating and playing, going for walk, preparing some yummy stuff for my family etc. Usually, i don’t cook much on weekends, but sometimes I really feel like having some quality time, by doing things together at home.
We are a totally a breakfast lover family and love any good fulfilling breakfast. Since Friday’s has to be something special either going out or at home, I decided to make bagel for morning breakfast. Creamy mushroom, grilled halloumi cheese on a bed of crisp iceberg lettuce and topped with fried eggs, how mouth-watering it sounds! not just sounds but, in fact, it is mouthwatering.
- 4 Bagels
- 200 gm white/brown button mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- Few lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of mild Irish cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sliced halloumi cheese or cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Butter the Bagles and keep it aside
- Heat a pan with olive oil over medium to high heat and grill the halloumi or cottage cheese slices for a minute on each side and keep them aside.
- In the same pan with a teaspoon of olive oil saute the mushrooms for a minute. Now add a teaspoon of butter, and flour and saute for a few seconds, then pour the fresh cream over it and toss it for a minute. Finally, season it with salt and pepper.
- in another pan prepare 4 fried eggs and keep them aside.
- now its time to assemble, take the buttered bagel, layer it with lettuce, creamy mushroom, grilled cottage cheese or halloumi and top it with the fried egg.
Do not forget to make yourself the favorite cup of coffee to go with this delicious Mushroom Halloumi Bagel.