This recipe is so perfect to serve to your guest because you hardly spend any time in the kitchen. It takes barely 5 minutes and once it’s in the oven your hands and kitchen is free for other things and enjoying time with your friends.
Last week, it was nice to get connected with @fellofish, an online business who deliveres fresh fish, meat and chicken, as you wish to your door step. Using their app I ordered some Norwegian salmon. Overwhelmed with their quality products, service and delivery on time, I spent no time and went straight to the kitchen to make something interesting with salmon.
Ramadan is going on and the aroma of Arabic flavors are lingering all around. So, here I go keeping in mind the festive season, a super quick, absolutely gorgeous feasting recipe. CRISPY BAKED ZATAR SUMAC SALMON!!!
5 minutes time for preparation and around 20min in the oven( depending on the thickness of your salmon fillets)
Yes yes! It’s that easy, and I can guarantee, your guest will not stop licking their fingers.
A very basic marinade that you make ahead in mason jar and store it in the refrigerator. All you need to do is spoon over the marinade on the salmon evenly and pop it into the oven. Take it out halfway and give a generous sprinkle of zatar and sumac powder over the salmon slices, then back into the oven for couple of more minutes.
Voila! Right out of the oven on to your plate, yummy!
I love to pair with some quick pan roasted veggies or sautéed spinach, etc. Anything that’s quick, healthy as well as yummy.
Actually what you know, you can make this recipe with any soft fish or even chicken. I’ll soon post the one with chicken or may be lamb rack.
2 tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder or finely minced
1tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp zatar
1 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients except for the zatar and sumac.
- Line a baking sheet with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Spray some cooking oil and place the salmon slices.
- Spoon the prepared marinade all over the salmon slices evenly.
- Bake your salmon in a preheated oven at 180 degree for 15 mins ( baking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon).
- Now take it out, sprinkle zatar and sumac halfway. Pop it back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Zatar will make the crust crispy and sumac will give a hint of tangy delicious flavor.
- Serve hot with pan roasted veggies or sautéed spinach.
Try this recipe for your weekend special meal with your loved ones and don’t forget to message me.
Stay happy and blessed!