It’s really great every time to be back to my regular routine. Except for waking up to the angry, hot, rising desert summer sun, rest seems to be perfect.
With countless places to choose from in Europe, we highlighted five countries this year, which have history, culture and beauty in abundance.
Czech Republic, rather Prague in particular, was our port of entry to Europe. Instead of our usual choice of hustle and bustle of the city centre, we landed up in an Air BNB apartment in a quiet neighbourhood, but, still not far from the touristic places at the centre.
The neighbourhood was serene and green beside a huge park. I already felt quite relaxed.
An amazing beautiful modern apartment, well equipped with beautiful soroundings. I fell in love with the kitchen the moment I saw it. Small yet perfectly done.
Cooking during a holiday trip is like a therapy for all of us and every one us enjoys those moments together in the kitchen, and if not doing anything at least chatting. And I love it!
Eggs were a part of our every day morning breakfast. Since we had gone to explore new places and not just confined to staying in the apartment alone, whatever I made were super quick meals.
Fortune we were to have a BILLA hypermarket next to our apartment. Moreover our host was super kind to provide us a pack with few groceries and chocolates in it.
A simple egg and avocado wrap with store bought tortillas I made one morning and every one loved it.
It barely took me 15 minutes to make them. Well, during holiday trips I tend to let go the so called ‘healthy’ factor and all indulged happily. Still, I would say our breakfast used to really healthy and delicious most of the days. Yay!!!! So happy about that. So lets quickly jump on to the recipe.
Follow the step by step direction on how to make this super quick wrap.
1. Get boiled eggs and veggies ready
2. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except for the tortillas
3. Stuff the egg mixture onto the tortillas and cover and roll it forming a wrap. Then on a heated pan or griddle, spray some oil or butter and grill your wrap for few seconds on each sides
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 15 minuets
- 4 Regular flour tortillas
- 8 free range hard boiled eggs
- 1 large roughly chopped ripe avocado
- Red and yellow bell peppers quarter each cut into julienne
- 1 thinly sliced cucumber ( optional)
- 1-2 tbsp pickled olives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp garlic mayonnaise or add some roasted chopped garlic with plain mayonnaise.
- 3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese ( optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed pepper as per taste
- Brush the tortillas with butter or margarine. This step is optional.
- In a large bowl first mash the boiled eggs into small chunks, then add all the other ingredients. Mix it gently until all well combined.
- Now place generous spoonful of this mix onto the tortillas, then roll it to form a wrap. You can now right away grab a bite or….
- Heat a griddle or a pan lightly brush it with some olive oil or butter, then place the tortillas and grill for a few seconds by turning on each side.
* You can substitute mayonnaise with the goodness of greek yogurt.
You can either enjoy this delicious wrap with your favourite cup of coffee or else have it as a breakfast on the go. But hey hey! Do not skip your ‘the most important meal of the day’
Stay healthy and happy