Apple in a rich creamy pudding loaded with nuts and spices. Doesn’t it sound delicious!
5 ingredients and 15 minutes of time is all you need for this delicious dessert.
It’s been raining cats and dog since morning, and I had a mean craving for something nice and warm.
This warm comforting easy to make and easy to eat!
As I had mentioned in my earlier post that no Indian or to be precise Assamese occasion is complete without making kheer/pudding.
We celebrated the 7th birthday of my younger daughter Annie and it’s kind of customary for me to prepare some kheer as an offering to the god, thanking for this wonderful gift of motherhood.
As it was a week day with super busy morning, I rather opted for this quick pudding recipe.
Healthy, loaded with fruits, dried fruit and nuts gently simmered in milk, flavoured with the rich aroma of cardamom is enough to satisfy your cravings.
1 1/2 Cup peeled and grated apples
500 mlfull cream milk
1/2 can condense milk
1 tbsp ghee ( clarified butter)
1/3 cup mixed chopped pistachios, almonds and raisin.
1/2 tsp cardamom
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan and stir the nuts unitl slightly golden brown. Be careful that you do not burn them.
- Add the grated apples and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the pre boiled milk i to it and let it cook for 5 minute. Noow add the condensed milk, dry fruit and nuts, and finally the cardamom.
- Let it simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Finally garnish with some additional chopped pistachios.
Your comforting warm apple pudding or kheer is ready in no time.