Give a healthy start to your day with just 5 ingredients and a blender.
These fluffy blender pumpkin banana oatmeal pancakes are a deliciously healthy, naturally sweetened breakfast for your busy weekday or the lazy mornings. Even your kids could make you some.
The recipe is made with 100% oat flour instead of wheat flour, so it’s gluten free, as well as dairy free( that will be absolutely your choice).
You can be satisfied knowing you’ve done you’re body a favour with these fluffy ‘cakes. If your heart craves for a little more, do yourself a favour and add the molasses and butter on top. It’s for that inner satisfaction……..hahaha! I have no words.
Normally I stick to my healthy morning breakfast always. A balanced one with protien, carbs, good fat and fruits. I make sure I fuel my body with a good post workout meal. It keeps me full and more satisfied throughout the day. For me there’s no skipping or cheating on my breakfast routine.
When you talk about fall and the warm cozy months ahead, who would say no to some pumpkin and spices. The perfect comforting flavor that I crave–especially on a gloomy morning. I am sure you can feel what I say, don’t you? And these healthy pumpkin blender pancakes couldn’t get any easier!
- 1 cup rolled oat meal
- 1 banana
- 1 free range large egg
- 1/3 can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup almond milk/ soy milk/ whole milk ( as per your preference)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice( optional)
** For a super healthy option, its better to stick to the above ingredients.
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- A handful of walnuts for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp honey (optional)
- Small cube of butter(optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the blender except for walnuts, honey and butter.
- Blend it into a smooth pancake batter. You can add the walnuts if you desire.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add the batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping when bubbles begin to pop and edges brown.
- Top it with some honey, again its optional.
NOTE: Above I have mentioned the recipe for a healthier version. But you are free to choose making with butter, nuts, spices etc.