Easy, Quick, Fresh, healthy, On the go, delicious, are much looked out these days, isn’t it!
When I experience these moments, an experience of something above and beyond, of something more than what I had expected or hoped for, my heart is indeed warmed and invigorated. I feel my appetite awakened, giving me a sense of satisfaction and contentment.
Moreover, during hot summer months, I prefer eating lighter and freshly cooked meals.
Cauliflower Rice with Lentil Fritters are amongst my most loved one pot meals. This can also be a perfect on the go lunch for your work.
No hassle, very easy to cook.
Usually I make a batch of Lentil fritters and freeze them, so that I can use as and when need. They go really well with many Indian curries.
In this recipe I had also added half a cup of cooked brown rice, to meet my carb requirement. But it is absolutely up to you, whether you want to add the rice or not.
To make this recipe more flavorful, I added a heaped teaspoon of curry powder and roasted cumin. You can add some roasted crushed nuts too. Next time I would surely add some.
For lentil fritters, you just need a handful of ingredients, soaked orange lentils ( masoor dal), or a mixture of orange and split white urid lentils ( masoor and urad dal). Soak overnight drain and grind them with salt, turmeric powder, a garlic clove, chilies and herbs. You can also keep it plain with just salt and turmeric powder. Grind into a smooth thick paste and fry small roundel. Once cooled, freeze in airtight containers or freezer bags.
The lentil fritters enhances the flavour when added to the Cauliflower rice.
Follow the step by step recipe given below
For the Cauliflower rice
- 6 -8 large florets of cauliflower
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 1 – 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 cooked brown rice
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
For Lentil Fritters
- Soak half cup mix of orange and urid lentils ( Masoor and urad dal) for 1-2 hours.
- Drain it and grind it along with some turmeric powder and salt or you can also add little chopped ginger, garlic, and curry leaves.
- Now heat 3/4 cup oil in a wok over medium heat and fry until nice golden brown.
- Store in freezer bags and freeze them. Use it whenever needed.
DIRECTION TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE
- In a chopper or food processor, finely chop the cauliflower florets along with parsley or coriander leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic stir for a minute, then add the onions. Once they are slightly brown, add the chopped cauliflower and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add 1 tsp the curry powder, and mix it properly. Then, add the brown rice and remaining curry to powder, salt and pepper. Mix until all well incorporated.
- Lastly, squeeze in half of a lime and give a final stir. Garnish with some fresh chopped coriander leaves.