Hope is a type of fuel for life, an amazing thing indeed! Working on a definite plan, fueled with hope goes a long way ahead, just like food.
Life turns to be messy, and sometimes, a complete shit show. I often question myself and then I am reminded that everything presented to me is a learning opportunity. At this point, I wonder how much more learning is necessary! It gives a feeling like I am a pretty good student and, shouldn’t I get a double promotion or be exempt from all of these life exams?
But, that’s how a life is supposed to be, isn’t it?
“The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.”
Now taking about food as fuel,
I believe this happens with so many of us, when things are not trending the way I expected, is to comfort ourselves with food. But, often this comfort becomes more like abuse.
So, as this week continues to unfold with I growing another year older, being wiser, and most ready to welcome all sorts of surprises, I am paying attention to how my body is reacting to these so called “comfort food”.
By making little alterations, I have kind of managed to enhance the comfort of my comfort food.
This is just BUNTASTIC!!
Burghul and Brown Chickpeas makes a fantastic combination for a burger patty and healthier than the usual ones!I am kind of falling in love with these veggie sliders.It’s not that I don’t like meat burgers, but these are equally delicious and so easy to make.
For the patties
1/2 cup cooked and drained black Chickpeas.
1/2 cup cooked burghul.
1/4 cup roasted peanuts.
1-2 chopped green chillies
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp fresh chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp roasted ground cumin seeds
1 tsp roasted ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
For assembling, dressing and garnish
- 4 -5 small white or brown buns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 -2 onions sliced
- 2 tbsp honey1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 -3 tbsp hung curd/ Greek yogurt/ labneh / lite mayonnaise, option is all yours.
- 1 tbsp green coriander chutney
- Few Romanian lettuce
TO make the patties
- In a food processor or your blender take all the ingredients for patty and pulse it until you get a slightly coarse yet smooth consistency. Shape them into nice patty shape and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, fry the patties by adding a teaspoon oil in between, until both the sides are evenly browned and crisp. Once done take it out on a dish with kitchen towel.
- In the same pan add another tablespoon olive oil and fry the sliced onions over medium high heat. Once slightly translucent add the honey, sweet chilli sauce and season with salt and pepper.
Take it out on a dish, while we assemble the bun.
- Cut the buns into half and toast them with a brush of oil or butter in a pan. I used Greek yogurt as spread for this recipe. Now, mix some green chutney with the Greek yogurt spread it on both sides of the bun. Place the lettuce, then place your patty and top it with the caramelized onions. Serve it as an open sandwich or cover it the top slice of the bun and secure with a toothpick.
Your BURGHUL CHICKPEAS BUNTASTIC is ready! Yumminess over loaded.