Due to the pandemic covid19 and amid the lockdown, it feels like hard to celebrate festivals. It saddens me knowing the fact that some are fortunate enough to be with their families, while so many others are away from their loved ones. People all around the world will be celebrating Easter Sunday at home this year.
You might be alone or maybe just two or three of you, but that doesn’t mean small celebration aren’t special. Plan out for a simple and easy Easter dinner recipe that can be made with limited ingredients.
The 4 INGREDIENTS FRENCH APPLE TART is a perfect dessert to serve this Easter. The combination of apples, cinnamon sugar can never go wrong, but when it tops over a crisp flaky puff pastry, it turns out to a gorgeous French style dessert that is hard to resist.
People are doing lot of cooking during this time, which gives such a feeling of satisfaction to see and learn about their experiences with different mealtime stories.
Sometimes when I feel like I want a quick apple dessert, with little to no fuss, these apple tart with puff pastry are the way to go.
I’ve always had a thing for apples since childhood. They’re easy to take with you, have a satisfying crunch, deliver a hint of freshness. This apple tart has all the flavours that you love about apple pies. This yummy recipe takes less than an hour from start to finish and is sure to please your family’s sweet tooth!
Here I’ve used frozen puff pastry out of the freezer. Peeled the apples and sliced around the core and slice the pieces into thin strips and mix the apple slices with dark brown sugar, Cinnamon and little butter. I used 3 apples for this recipe. Arrange the apple slices over the puff pastry on a baking sheetand
place in a preheated oven (375F) and bake for 30 mins or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
Serve warm along with some freshly whipped cream.
Follow the easy step by step pictorial guide in this recipe.
• 500 gm block of puff pastry taken out of freezer and thawed.
• 3 apples thinly sliced ( You can use red or green apples, any of your choice)
• 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts, which is optional( I have used walnuts)
• 1 tbsp butter
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius or 375degrees fahrenheit.
2) Sprinkle enough flour on your worktop and roll out the thawed puff pastry lengthwise slightly more than the size of your baking sheet.
3) Place a parchment paper on your baking sheet and prick it all around with a fork.
4) In a large bowl mix the apple slices, cinnamon, dark brown sugar and butter. Arrange the apple slices over the puff pastry.
5) Place it into the preheated oven and bake it for 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown.