It’s time to think outside the Betty Crocker box. Let go the unhealthy ingredients mentioned behind those boxes and indulge on this super fudgy, luscious, chocolaty, flourless, no butter, no refined sugar brownies you will fall in love forever.
This brownie recipe may do away with the flour, but it makes sure to keep all the healthier alternatives. The emphasis is on good quality dark chocolate, super healthy coconut sugar to sweeten things up, and of course, and of course the almond flour.
Ah! It’s a devious satisfaction that comes from having a guilt free chocolate-packed fudgy brownies.
This is one of those better for you and extremely easy recipes that, with one look, will make you want to sprint immediately to your kitchen to make it. Just whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another, then stir them together and pour the batter into the pan. Sounds simple isn’t it!
Unlike the store bought ready packages this recipe contains NO preservatives or any artificial ingredients.
WHAT MAKES MY BROWNIES HEALTHY
Almond flour instead of plain flour.
Coconut oil instead of butter.
Coconut sugar instead of white sugar.
Dark chocolate of 80% cocoa solids at least or more.
• 125 g 80% or above dark chocolate, chopped . In case, if you use chocolate with lower cocoa percent, you will need to reduce the amount of coconut sugar.
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened at room temperature.
• 3 medium eggs at room temperature
• 1 1/4 cups or 150 g coconut sugar (less if you are using chocolate with a lower cocoa percentage)
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• A pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 355 ºF (180 ºC) and line an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with a parchment paper.
3. Melt chocolate and coconut oil
together in a heat-proof bowl above a pot of simmering hot water.
4. Whip eggs and coconut sugar until pale and fluffy.
5. Gradually add the melted chocolate to the whipped eggs in small quantity, whisking on the lowest speed.
6. Mix the wet and dry ingredients by gently folding in the sifted almond flour, cocoa powder and salt until smooth without any lumps.
7. Now, add a handful of the dark chocolate chunks and/or chips .
8. The batter should look luscious and glossy by now. Pour the brownie batter into a baking pan.
9. In a preheated oven, bake at 355 °F (180 °C) for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out with some of the moist crumbs.
10. Allow the brownies to cool before cutting.
NOTE: These brownies can be stored in cool room temperature in an airtight container for 3 -4 days.